You must persist



When we learn any new thing, like French or golf, or speaking in public, we never advance steadily, we do not improve gradually.

We do it by waves, by abrupt starts and sudden stops.

Then we remain stationary for a time, or we may even slip back and lose some the ground we have previously gained.

These periods of stagnation, or retrogression, are well known by all psychologists, they have been named “plateaus in the curve of learning,”.

Abruptly they have acquired naturalness, force and confidence in their speaking.

I would like to share statement that I really like. Lincoln said “ If you are resolutely determined to make a lawyer of yourself , the thing is more than half done already…Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other one thing.”.

I guess he knew and he had gone through it all. It really encourages me by reading what Lincoln said. I am certain I will find these principles and techniques in this book are applicable every day and I think I can analyze the speaking that I do every day.

I can even use it in friendly chitchat and I may be using speech to persuade my child to suggest something. I can apply the techniques to everyday conversation. I can make myself more effective, get my ideas across more efficiently, and motivate others with skill and fact.


Comments