Follow the T-I-S Formula


For most introductions, the T-I-S formula serves as a handy guide in organizing the facts you have collected in your research.
1.    T stands for Topic : Start your introduction by giving the exact title of the speaker’s talk.
2.    I stand for Importance: In this step you bridge over the area between the topic and the particular interests of the group.
3.    S stands for Speaker. Here you list the speaker’s outstanding qualifications, particularly those that relate to his topic, Finally, you give his name distinctly and clearly.
This chapter mentioned that it was a kind of oratorical fashion to overpraise the speaker in the introduction. The poor speaker was often overwhelmed by the heavy odor of flattery.
On the other hand, don’t under praise either. Someone had to respond to introductory remarks that ended in this manner and he said “Judge how it feels to crawl out in front of the audience labelled Cheaper talent”.

 If I need to introduce a speaker on the stage, I would like to research about the speaker and double check as prep so that I don’t provide any incorrect information or under praise someone. After that, I can follow this “T-I-S” formula to make a frame about introduction. With that said, I think this formula is very helpful to guide me to prep the overall framework.
Otherwise, it will be very difficult to make an introduction of someone promptly, unless I know that someone very well or have known them for a long time. 


Comments