Use visual aids


“ One seeing is better than a hundred times telling about “ . Did you know that the nerves that lead from the eye to the brain are many times larger than those leading from the ear and science tells us that we give 25 times as much as attention to eye suggestions as we do to ear suggestions?
So, it is important to have a dramatic supplement to speech with pictures which show the right way and diagrams that are more convincing than mere words. But pictures are even more convincing than diagrams.
The ideal presentation of a subject is one in which every subdivision is pictured and in which the words are used only to connect them.
I think I mentioned it before that if I remember the presentation slides from the execs, I noticed less words with more images. It is similar to advertisements and if I also compare some products between Apple and others, Apple product packages are simple with clean graphics. Other products usually have a lot of stickers on the products as well as their packages. I don’t know why, but it looks tackier with more words and graphics. I also like using pictures and images in my general conversation. It is easy to understand and I even pin point out my key discussion with arrows sometimes. It is super clear and I agree that one word is better than a hundred times telling about.
With that said, I think I use this technique a lot in my general conversation and I also noticed that I received very positive feedback from others, because of that. It is super clear and easy to understand.
Lastly, I would like to share the quote from this chapter. It says “Don’t shoot at your meaning with bird shot and hit the whole countryside; shoot with a rifle at the thing you have to say. “

Comments