Use Concrete familiar words that create pictures




In the process of getting and holding attention, which is the first purpose of every speaker,
There is one aid, one technique that is of the highest importance. It is using words that create pictures.
The speaker who is easy to listen to is the one who sets images floating before your eyes. The one who employs foggy, commonplace, colorless symbols sets the audience to nodding.
I agree with this technique and I often use this, because it is the common language that anyone can understand. One image can replace 1000 worlds with a picture phrase that is almost impossible to forget.
In the past, when I was managing one of my programs, I received very positive feedback from other X-functional groups, because I always communicated with a clear picture. You don’t need to be too technical to understand the picture and people can understand it so easily, because they can visualize a problem or a solution.
I personally think that this is one of my strengths and I always try to communicate with visualization. This is true of everyday conversations as wells as e-mails. In fact, all that is about conversation sparkle in effective ways by the use of concrete, factual details.

Comments