Turn an act into a picture



For instance, Let’s say a scientist mentions about the distance between the planets around the earth saying that, “Even the nearest start is 25,000,000,000,000 miles away.”.
The audience can’t imagine how far this distance it is, but if a scientist explained that, “If one were to take off from the earth at the speed of light which is 186000 miles a second, it would take him four and quarter years to reach out”.
In this way, he made the vast distances in space seem more real than by just describing such a simple thing as distance numbers.
The reason being, ear impressions are hard to retain, but eye impressions are like an imprint for a long time with a terrific impact. They embed themselves. So, it is good to turn an act into a picture.  I agree with that and I also have a pretty good memory of a really old story, because I remember all of that like a movie film and I can replay it anytime with such detail. So, it doesn’t matter how old my memory is and I even remember the moment that someone took a picture of me when I was at 6 years old. I even remember my feeling of that moment like I went back to my old memory like a time machine.
I turned my head just before the picture was taken, because it was weird to stare at the camera lens and I was afraid that it will take my soul. So, I had several pictures where I turned my head to the side, when I was 6 years old and I still remember that moment like yesterday. So, I believe that it is true that eye impressions are embedded for a long time and with this reason, it is a good technique to use for speaking.

Comments