Talk about your own mistakes first



Let me start with sharing the paragraph, “You have made a mistake, Josephine, but the lord knows, it is no worse than I have made. You were not born with judgment. That comes only with experience, and you are better than I was at your age. I have been guilty of so many stupid, silly things myself, I have very little inclination to criticize you or anyone. But don’t you think it would have been wiser if you had done so and so?”

If someone criticizing begins by humbly admitting that he or she, too, it is not so difficult to listen to a recital of faults and less embarrassed that he or she is not the only one who made a mistake. Also, it gives a connection to others that they are not the only one who made a mistake so they don’t feel so bad either. It is not important whether it is true or not. The point is resolving a problem and do better for both parties and that is more important than figuring out whether it is the fact or such a white lie. Nobody cares who is right or wrong. The ultimate goal is a positive result with a good human relationship which can give us a good strong relationship in the long run.

Lastly, It is good to share the quote saying that “Imagine what humility and praise can do for you and me in our daily contacts. Rightfully used, they will work veritable miracles in human relations “.

Comments