State your point, what you want the audience to do

I am  talking about the step to make the audience do some actions and this step is governed by 3 rules.

1)    Make the point brief and specific.
2)    Make the point easy for listeners to do
3)    State the point with force and conviction.
It is important to be precise in telling the audience exactly what you want them to do and People will do only what they clearly understand. So, it is essential to ask myself just exactly what it is I want the audience to do that they have been disposed to action by me. As an example, Say “ Sign up tonight to meet next Sunday to take 25 children on a picnic” which is very specific, instead of saying that “ Help the patients in our local hospital “.
Also, It is the speaker’s responsibility to state the point ,the request for action, in such a way that it will be easy for his listeners to understand and to do. As an example, it is not good to say “ Start now to improve your memory of names.” This is too general it is difficult to do, instead say “ Repeat the name of the next stranger you meet 5 times within 5 minutes after you meet him. “
Lastly, I have emphasized by vocal animation and directness and make it in such a way that the audience feels the sincerity of my appeal for action.
If my agenda is specific to expect some actions from the audience, this technique and steps are good to take so that I can demonstrate the Audience reaction and make a plan for my speech. It also reminds me of the same training that I had to prepare for earthquakes. This approach is good if the speaker wants us to change the culture and prepare for upcoming events so that audience can take some actions immediately and the Speaker can get the result at the same time.  

Comments