No one likes to take orders



This chapter suggested to change from direct order to something like this. “ You might consider this,” or “Do you think that would work?”, “What do you think of this?”, “Maybe If we were to phrase it this way, it would be better.”. This talking style always gives people the opportunity to do things themselves and let them learn from their mistakes. 
This technique makes it easy for a person to correct errors and saves a person’s pride and gives him or her a feeling of importance. It encourages corporation instead of rebellion.
He said “Resentment caused by a brash order may last a long time, even if the order was given to correct an obviously bad situation “
I often asked my daughters to face their computer screens towards me so that I can assist them better, if they have any questions. But they often turned their computer screens the opposite side of me so that they can do something else other than focusing on their assignments. I tried to force them to take my order to follow as a rule, but it didn’t work very often, because of the same reason.
I would like to practice more to start my conversations with the following phrase so that my tone can be indirect and I hope this technique works to handle my situation with my daughters as well.
I’m pretty sure that it will work and I need to think about some nice ways to make it work.

Comments