If You Don’t Do This, You Are Headed for Trouble


<If You Don’t Do This, You Are Headed for Trouble >

“When he was a boy back in Scotland, he got hold of a rabbit, a mother rabbit. He soon had a whole nest of little rabbits- and nothing to feed them. But he had a brilliant idea. He told the boys and girls in the neighborhood that if they would go out and pull enough clover and dandelions to feed the rabbits, he would name the bunnies in their honor. “
This plan worked like magic and he never forget it.
I think we should be aware of the magic contained in a name and realize that this single item is like holy water and completely owned by the person with whom we are dealing and nobody else.
I also have a similar feeling about this as well. If someone calls me “Sofia “ or “Sophie “ , it really bothers me, even though I told them that it is ok to pronounce my name like that.
I usually don’t show my feeling, but I do know that I don’t like it from deep inside of me.
It also reminds me of the story from the harassment training video from the company which I completed a few days ago.
They interviewed several people about discrimination and harassment topic. One lady who had an Indian name which was a little bit difficult to pronounce. When her co-worker asked her to call a nickname instead of her real name, She said, “No.  you can’t use a nickname or other name which is different than my name”.  So, it is important to call them by their name correctly and it will provide you a special magic to be successful with the waitress to the senior executive!

Comments