He who can do this has the whole world with him. He who cannot walks a lonely way



One story is about fishing and the person likes strawberries and cream , but when he went fishing, he didn’t think about what he wanted. He thought about what fish wanted and was not going to bait the hook with strawberries and cream. Rather, he dangled a worm in front of the fish and saying “Wouldn’t you like to have that?”. So, why not use the same common sense when fishing for people?
The only way on earth to influence other people is to talk about what they want and show them how to get it. I really enjoyed this chapter and I thought why have I never thought about that?
I will remember that when I am trying to get somebody to do something, I would like to use this technique, because I really need it on daily bases. My main responsibility is managing the program and asking other people to do something. So, this is a key technique to my role and I need to switch my mind to think about what they want, instead of what I want.
This chapter also says “ If you hadn’t wanted that feeling more than you wanted your money, you would not have made the contribution. Of course, you might have made the contribution because you were ashamed to refuse or because a customer asked you to do it. But one thing is certain. You made the contribution because you wanted something”
If I want to persuade somebody to do something, before I speak, I need to pause and ask myself “How can I make this person want to do it?”

Comments