Build your example upon a single personal experience



“Psychologists say we learn in 2 ways; one by the law of exercise, in which a series of similar incidents lead to a change of our behavioral patterns; and two, by the law of effect in which a single event may be so startling as to cause a change in our conduct. By vividly reconstructing these incidents we can make them the basis of influencing the conduct of others. We can do this because people respond to words in much the same way that they respond to real happenings. “
As an example, If I share my terrifying experience with a cell phone which caught on fire due to the batteries malfunction issue, people can react and follow my advice. By sharing one incident, I can make people react.  With this kind of incident I can move my audiences to act and they have better take my advice by doing what I ask them to do.
In other words, a single personal experience that taught a lesson people will never forget is the first requisite of a persuasive action. With this kind of incident I can move audiences to act.  It also reminds me of the training that I took about earthquakes. The speaker had the same talk as a TED Talk and he shared his experience about earthquakes and emphasized to the audience to be prepared for an upcoming earthquake. It is a similar technique that he used about this and I’m not sure how many people actually acted after we had the training, but I’m pretty sure that people definably were more alert because of his talk and did some preparation as was his advice.

Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your comment.