Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain, and most fools do


This chapter mentioned that “ The resentment that criticism engenders can demoralize employees, family members and friends, and still not correct the situation that has been condemned”.
We all know that criticism is not good and it doesn’t work to make the situation better. However, we always reiterate it and justify the mistake by saying that “ I don’t see how I could have done any differently from what I have “.
It is interesting to say that “ Let’s realize that criticisms are like homing pigeons. They always return home. Let’s realize that the person we are going to correct and condemn will probably justify himself or herself, and condemn us in return.
When dealing with people, let us remember we are not dealing with creatures of logic. We are dealing with creatures of emotion, creatures bristling with prejudices and motivated by pride and vanity. “

I hope I remember this all the time so that I don’t make any mistakes and repent myself.  If it still doesn’t work, I will try to find a five dollar bill from my pocket, and look at Lincoln’s picture on the bill , and ask “ How would Lincoln handle this problem if he had it ?”.

Comments