An Easy way to become a good conversationalist



One story was the women who recently returned from a trip to Africa and she kept talking for 45 mins without asking him where he had been or what he had seen. All she wanted was an interested listener so she could expand her ego and talk about where she had been.
So, I aspire to be a good conversationalist, I need to be an attentive listener. To be interesting, be interested. Ask questions that the other person will enjoy answering. Encourage them to talk about themselves and their accomplishments.
I am a good listener and also interrupt conversations, because I wanted to ask my questions before I forget. Most people prefer to talk about themselves rather than hear about others, so asking questions is a great way. I’m a good listener, but not a great conversationalist. The key to being a good conversationalist is probably a genuine unselfish interest in others.

Comments